Written to support the new National Curriculum for English Key Stages 1 and 2, The Phonics and Spellings Book is a practical book which provides guidance on using systematic and structured teaching of spelling as a means to both teach spelling and knowledge of word structures and to simultaneously secure good reading and writing skills. It includes the first three thousand words or 84% of written text coverage which are essential for achieving good grades in exams at both primary and secondary school.
Written by an experienced English Specialist Teacher, the book includes tried and tested teaching reading and spelling skills methods which work with all abilities of children. Sections in the book include:
· Year 1 phonics tests papers
· Comprehensive grapheme tests for all phases; with instructions
· Step by Step Phonics and Learning to Read guidance
· Complete spelling list which include academic words lists for secondary school
· Graded dictation exercises which link the spelling lists to writing
· Weekly Dictation sentences and passages for each year group
· Ideas for fun and engaging teaching spelling activities
This book can be used by teachers for whole class, group or individual work. Adults working with children on interventions programmes will find the grapheme tests helpful in identifying their specific needs. The book can also be effectively used for Private and Home tutoring where the learner needs to secure good word and vocabulary skills for performing well in exams. This is a one off purchase spelling book for up to end of secondary school requirement.
You can purchase this book from Amazon through the link below or by clicking the qr code on the right: